Monday 28 May 2012

Swimming day 490 - Monday 28th May 2012


The weekend was simply glorious; the sun shone, the sky was blue and everyone I met seemed to be happy and smiling; you simply can’t ask for more than that.  Friday night Mia perked up and joined her brothers staying the night at my in-laws; this meant I would have the house to myself as Sharon was singing in a concert choir.  A treat I rarely ever get.  Of course in reality by 11pm my house was filled with the entire choir of about 20 who Sharon invited back to ours after the show for a party!  So my quiet evening-in ended up seeing a dozen pizzas, 100 chicken wings, garlic bread and copious amounts of alcohol being delivered at 11.30pm and the last of the revellers leaving at about 3am.  At least Saturday morning without the kids gave us time to recover!  By Sunday my plan of a long run didn’t materialise as the Jack Daniel tolls of Friday were still ringing slightly in my head and the sun was beating down just a bit too much to force me into my shoes. 
This morning however I was up bright as a button (hardly any disturbance last night from my little monkeys) and I was walking the seafront at 6.10am waiting for Bob and others to arrive at the arch.  The sun was not quite as hot and the air not quite as warm, but it was still a summers morning and a very flat sea.  We did our round the buoys and round the pier swim as usual and took about 40 minutes between getting in and getting out; some talking at the buoys and the head of the pier with other swimmers made it more leisurely.  Saying that, the tide seemed to pick up and dragging to the West whilst we wee swimming East, so it wasn’t exactly an “easy” swim. Probably about a mile I would guess?
I’m in London all day tomorrow after my swim, so o chance of using the Gym, so instead I will be heading there for an hour with Ross after work today.  Actually looking forward to it for a change; don’t know why though; just because I guess.
Will be June 2012 by Friday; just 2 months from the swim.  Time to get my team together again I think and start the serious planning

No comments:

Post a Comment