Thursday 3 May 2012

Swimming day 475 - Thursday 3rd May 2012


Last nights pool sessions went from an expected 2 hr swim to an almost sad 1½  hour – all down to me!  Bob was up for it, but having had only a couple of hours sleep then swum in the morning in the sea, then worked all day, then done an hours run after work to clear my head I found that 2hrs in the pool was just pushing it a bit.  We still did well over 2 miles in the pool, so a decent swim, but a bit annoyed with myself for calling it early.  Oh well Mr Starr move on; too late to do anything about it now!
Another restless night last night (of course!).  Back form the pool by 10.30pm, in bed lying awake until about 12.30pm; then drifted of to sleep just to be woken at 1am by Jesse jumping over me.  Took him back to bed, but his screaming was going to wake the other two, so got him back and by 1.51am exactly I was on my way to the spare room having given up my side to him completely.  In the spare room by 1.52am and lying awake until 4am, before drifting of again, to be woken by the alarm at 6am – what’s that all about!!
A very quiet arch this morning; just Big Bob, David, Flick and Me.  Bob and I headed into a completely flat sea, with very little movement at all.  The only problem with the sea this morning was the colour; a murky brown.  The recent weather conditions have brought a brown algae in and it is not only horrible to be in, but it gives a fishy taste and smell; not particularly pleasant.  I don’t think it’s dangerous, but we need to keep an eye on it as if it turns red we should probably avoid it for a few days. We hadn’t planned going around the pier today as yesterday was exercise enough, but with a sea so flat, despite the yucky colour, we just had to.  Bob is really motoring at the moment (training for a gala swim) so I am having to swim a hard as I can to keep up with him; which is proving impossible as he is constantly about 100 metres ahead of me all the time now.  The good thing is that it pushes me to swim harder each time; the bad thing is that I remain frustrated that I can’t keep up again!  Need to get faster!!
Best news of the day for me was that the Buoys are back in town; or more accurately back in the sea. It is always great to have the buoys back as it means that the summer is on the way (some chance looking out the window now) and they  also give you a focus to swim to.  Also, on those occasions when the heart is beating too fast because of the nerves, it allows you the comfort of knowing that you could have something (rather than someone!) to hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment