Friday 4 May 2012

Swimming day 476 - Friday 4th May 2012


It’s a conspiracy!!  Last night Jesse stayed in his bed the whole night, not a peep from him.  Mia however turned up at midnight and by middle of the night I was turfed out again!  It must be a Twin thing that they instinctively know who’s turn it is to kick me out of bed.
Dragging myself to the arch once again it was at least good to see the sea once again as flat as a flat thing and no rain or wind.  I hadn’t planned going around the pier as I was not only sleep deprived but I hadn’t eaten anything for around 24 hours and was starting to feel depleted (no one to blame but myself of course for that).  However the sea was just too flat to ignore and Big Bob was keen to swim; so swim we did.  Once around the pier, around 23 minutes I think and 9 degrees.  Only downer was the amount of brown algae once again; disgusting.
This week so far (and it’s only just Friday) has seen 5 sea swims (most around the pier), 2 gym sessions, a 2 mile pool swim and two 1 hr runs.  This after noon when work is done I will top it off with an hour in the gym on shoulders and abs with Ross.  That I think is enough to warrant the bank holiday weekend as a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment