Monday 14 May 2012

Swimming day 481 - Monday 14th May 2012



If its possible to swim in the sea, in fact a very bouncy rough wave filled sea, on autopilot then that is exactly what I did this morning.
We had a great weekend, but tiring by the end of it.  A fantastic dinner party for 12 on Saturday night and an impromptu BBQ for 15 on Sunday afternoon; which along with the usual weekend running about made for an exhaustive fall into bed Sunday night.  Sadly by 2am Jesse was with us and not lying still for a second.  I took him back at 4am, by which time Mia crossed me in the hallway and was firmly fixed in the middle of our bed by the time I got back.  Then at about 5ish Asher called me (unusually early for him to be fair).  By the time I helped him down his ladder form the bunk bed and walked him into our room Jesse was already back and lying next to Mia on my pillow. On seeing us come in he says “Asher I’ve saved you a place, quickly”; I couldn’t believe it, he saved MY place for Asher!  In jumps Asher and there I am 5am something standing there having been bumped by Jesse for Asher – charming!
I was at the arch by 6.45am, eyes still closed and not engaging with anyone down there, and by 7am was sleepswimming following Big Bob on autopilot out into the huge waves, heading West!  About 25 minutes later, heading up the beach, I swear I was still not fully awake. 
Here’s hoping I wake up before it’s time for bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment