Thursday 28 October 2010

Day 123 - 28th October 2010

After yesterdays swim I would usually have dreaded going today or even not gone. But this morning I was ok with going ; I think that because I knew I was only going to do whatever I fancied doing it meant I had no pressure of performance and could just go for fun. That's naturally assuming You and I agree that going into a 10 degree rough sea at 7am is to be considered fun!

A nice atmosphere at the Arch this morning; Big Bob, Little Bob, Paul, Soweichi, Evo, Martina, David; all very jolly and a nice bunch to start the day with. Bob and I swam to the end of the pier, a strong swim as the waves were fairly constant and there were some real big ones thrown in for extra measure. The swim back to shore was another battle, with the tide dragging us right up to the groin by the pier, it was extremely hard to beach away from the groin, but we managed it, just! Bob, clearly not ready for the warmth of the Arches, decided we should go back in and play some more; so after another 10 minutes of wave battling we headed back to the safety of the Arches and warm showers.

After yesterdays swim I found my shoulders were quite stiff on the swim back, but it was a lot of fun all the same, apart from the freezing feet walking back up the beach; what a strange hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment