Tuesday 19 October 2010

Day 118 – 19th October 2010

Feeling a lot better today; an early night did the trick, which it usually does.
Was at the beach a bit later today than yesterday; hitting the water at 6.50am. I was on my own again, although Paul, Soweichi and Damien were somewhere in there as well, as their clothes were already at the Arches when I turned up.

The air temperature this morning was about 8 degrees and the sea was cold; I would guess at around 12 degrees maybe; although it was warmer than yesterday for definite. Also unlike yesterday which was extremely calm, there were definitely some waves and tide today; nothing extreme, but waves nevertheless. After yesterday I wanted to push myself a bit more so I did twice around the pier, beach to beach to beach. Coming back around the second time I started to feel the cold, especially in my arms and feet. I think it’s not going to be long before I can only do once around the pier. Today it took me around 40 minutes, maybe 45; soon it will only be a 20 minute swim. Tomorrow back in the pool for 5 hours; funnily enough quite looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment