Wednesday 13 October 2010

Day 113 –12th October 2010

How did you wake up this morning? Was it by putting your face straight into a bowl of ice and holding it there for 10 minutes until all the colour and warmth was gone and the pain subsided enough to enable you to breath again? No? Very sensible then! Myself on the other hand pretty much did just that! The sea was extremely calm today, hardly any movement at all, which made for a fantastic swim in terms of effort, however, getting in was COOOOLLLLLDDD. It probably didn’t help that I shaved at 6am and as such my face was already rather sensitive, so when I got in the sea and put my face in, it really did hurt. It took almost 10 minutes before it started to feel comfortable and I could relax into the swim.

After I warmed up the swim was actually really nice and easy. The sun was coming up over the marina, which was just stunning and the sky was very royal blue and the sea itself was so clear that coming back under the pier I could easily see a huge fishing net that was suspended across the pier about 5 meteres down and maybe 100 metres across; the fact that the net was empty makes me believe that the fish may have noticed it as well!!

Tomorrow no sea for me as I’ll be in the pool for 4 hours; boring certainly, but a lot warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment