Saturday 16 October 2010

Day 116 –15th October 2010

Dark and Spooky out there at 6.30am!!

Actually is was really quite nice to be all alone at Dusk at the end of the pier. I had an early morning meeting today so I went swimming at 6.30am this morning; hence I was on my own. Paul and Soweichi were already out (they are early the fish), but I didn’t see them until I was coming back in. At 6.30am is was still very dark, but with the sun just trying to wake up it meant it was not pitch black, much more dusk than dark. The temperature was maybe a little better than yesterday, my thigh burns didn’t hurt and my face was only cold for a few minutes. I swam very leisurely around the pier and then when I came back through, near to the helter skelter, I just treaded water for about 15 minutes, watching the sun come up and Brighton start to come alive. I then left my goggles raised on my forhead and did a really nice gentle breast stroke all the way back to shore. I hardly ever breaststroke, but it really does let you watch what’s going on around you, which was really nice today.

A lovely reflective start to a Friday; which after my running and long swims this week was a really nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment