Thursday 7 October 2010

Day 111 – 7th October 2010

After yesterdays long pool swim it was really nice to get back into the only real swimming pool that deserves my love; the Brighton Sea! It was very calm today, which after the last few days was a welcome surprise. Bob and I set off at 7am, just before anyone else got to the Arches, and just did a once around the Pier and then to the groin and then in. The temperature is still dropping, albeit slowly at the moment. My face and legs hurt in the cold for about the first 10 minutes before I got used to it, probably down to 4 hours in a warm pool yesterday. Even though it was calm out there, the tide was very strong pulling to the East (the Marina) and this meant that going around the head of the pier we flew, but coming back around and under the pier meant we had to swim hard. To describe the swim in the easiest way I guess I would say it felt like a “sticky” swim. By this I mean that even though I was swimming strongly I felt like the sea was trying to hold us in place; not a bad thing as it does mean you have to work it. Funny thing was that at different times both Bob and I were hit in the body by a fish; not the same one I assume, unless it was a fish who has the hump with us disturbing it’s sleep!

When we came out we saw our friends, Fiona, Bella, Bob etc; so tomorrow we may go a little later (just 10 minutes) as we miss the company!

What was really good today was that the last time I did over 4 hrs swimming I was out of action for about 3 weeks, however, this time I had no problems at all and this morning I hardly ached and had no problem getting into the sea getting on with the job at hand.

Apparently Friday is going to be nice as well, so we are hopefully back on for our night swim tomorrow... Perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment