Tuesday 5 October 2010

Day 108 – 4th October 2010

An easy once around the pier with Bob and Bella this morning. After a crazy dangerous weekend sea, today was strangely calm and silent. Temperature probably 13 degrees ish and air temp around 10 degrees.

On Sunday, 14 of the club did a Marina to pier swim; only 13 actually got in and apparently only 4 made it back, the others getting washed ashore earlier. Even superwoman Fiona was apparently washed ashore! In her own words “it felt like Poseidon had picked me up slapped me several times and then thrown me onto the shore; that will teach me to have more respect for his territory”. I was going to go as well but I took the kids to the pool instead, which I’m pleased about as I would have battled it out and potentially really hurt myself.

Fund raising for the swim at last started and already over £5k. Got a long way to go, but a great start.

Off to gym this afternoon; first time since 10 days off gym, looking forward to it. Before all that however, a session right now with my physioterrorist Kim at 8.30am and an hour of being beaten up... Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment