Saturday 2 October 2010

Day 107 –1st October 2010

I actually slept last night; I reckon I slept about 6 hours – longest sleep I’ve had in years. I think the Wed/Thurs Dover trip tired me out, which was great as it meant I actually slept for a decent amount of time for a change.

No actual swimming today; a day of play just trying to break into the sea! The waves were very high near the beach and only the foolhardy (apparently a couple, of course are!) would attempt the pier. Part of me wanted to go in and around the pier “because” of the conditions, but I am still not 100% with my groin strain and I have to be sensible to a degree; especially as next week I am going to try two 4 hour back to back swims in the pool.

It’s also not looking likely we will do the night swim as the winds are fierce and it is expected to be about 35mph tonight.

Sometimes, despite ones best intentions, the weather retains control!

No comments:

Post a Comment