Wednesday 13 October 2010

Day 114 – 13th October 2010


My plan today was to do a 4 hour pool swim like last week. This was certainly my plan, but not all plans go as planned!! I’m just teasing! I actually did a 5 hour swim!! That was my longest swim ever; in fact my longest non stop exercise ever!

I got into the pool at 6.40am and finished at exactly 11.40am; the only breaks were on the hour to have my maxim from the bottle, which took maybe 2 minutes each time. The total number of lengths was 414, which equates to 10350 metres, which equates to around 6.431 miles or 10.35 kilometres. Not bad going, especially considering the boredom factor of swimming in a pool non stop.

Fiona joined me for the middle 3 hours and also I chatted a little to some Triathletes and some other regular swimmers; all who may have been faster than me but none who could stay that distance; so they tell me!

I had planned a 4 hour, which I thought would be hard after my 18k run on Monday, but when I got to the 4 hour point I felt I could easily do another hour; which really is a great achievement for me so early on. I am sure I will ache tomorrow, but for now I am feeling OK and settled in to a Hot Salt Beef Bagle and an Apple Danish – gotta try to put back some of the 3040 calories I apparently used up!

Tomorrow I think I shall do a nice gentle swim around the pier, no rushing, no real distance, just a nice 30 minute swim in the sea.

Very proud of myself. Grinning like a Cheshire cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment