Tuesday 26 October 2010

Day 121 – Tuesday 26th October 2010

Another cold start to the day. Air temp warmer at 10 degrees, sea probably the same. Very wavy out there, in fact so much so that no one went around the pier. I went to the end of the pier, but my goggles kept steaming up so much I turned back and joined the boys playing in the waves; Bob, Paul, Sowechi, David etc. We stayed out for just over half an hour, by which time everything (and I mean everything) was numb! From a “fun” point of view it was great, cold but great wave playing. From a breakfast point of view it was just too much sea water for my liking! Everytime my goggles steamed up I took them off to clean them and was subsequently hit in the face by a very cold wave and ended up swallowing half of it! This was the first time since I have been swimming that I started to gag; in future the mouth will be saying firmly shut I think.

After swimming I had a meeting with Dan Flanagan from Cobb PR (www.cobbpr.com). Dan has extremely kindly agreed to help the Starr Trust with digital marketing; something we really need to start pushing. It’s all very well me writing a blog, but without people reading it, it remains just a record for me. The importance of people reading my blog is so great because it is through this that we can get out the message of the Trust (www.starrtrust.com) and all the amazing Smiles we can bring to children around the world. Dan you truly are the Man; thanks so much (no pressure on you then!).

Finally, I know I shouldn’t and I am sure Fiona will now be “really” angry with me, but I had to let you see the really funny email she sent me last night after the telling off she gave me in the morning!!

From Fiona - Oh dear you've quoted me on your blog!!!!!!!!! bad grammar and all..........I've been kicking butt all day I’m ashamed to say. It started with poor Pete then you, on to Falmer were I verbally abused a poor little swimmer who clearly was in the wrong lane!! I spent the next 10mins apologizing to her and reassuring her that I was a menopausal monster, and that I would be better in the morning. I'm now safely locked behind doors at home!! which is where I will stay until the morning. It is now safe to go out!!!! Public enemy no 1 x

Sorry Fiona it was just too good for me not to post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment