Monday 25 October 2010

Day 120 - Monday 25th October

A different blog from me today as only a small part written by me, the rest written by Fiona!!

From Me
– After 3 days without swimming I was back in the sea today. Bloomin cold!! 7.15am, Bob, Simon and I went around the pier. Probably 10-11 degrees only, very very calm and a beautiful sky. The moon was bright on one side and the sun on the other, extraordinary. The coldness lasted for most of the swim, after about 15 minutes you do get used it. The worst is getting in as your skin instantly shouts at you and then the next worst is getting out, especially my feet, which pretty much hurt walking up the beach and then went numb! This afternoon I will do a 90 minutes gym session. Having had 3 days off completely from any exercise meant that I was getting to the point of “needing” to do something again by this morning.


This from Fiona by email to me - here goes... Okay Mr!!! Iv just read your Blog!! Absolutely NO WAY do you miss your 5hour this week unless you paralyzed or Kim tells you other wise!! Just because you had mind weakness!!-even a BIGGER reason to get back in and do it. I'm just off to falmer to knock out a 2 hour swim before i see Kim. Yesterday i swam to the west pier and back then round the pier twice on my own, in 11degrees. Seriously we need to talk, tittering around the pier with Bob in the mornings is not going to get you across the channel. I can understand that you love to have that time at the Arches in the mornings but its a waste of time, Yes if you then went off to the pool for a 3hour I would approve but you don't!! Plus if you work already very strained muscle in cold water you will do damage beyond repair, you can certainly kiss goodbye to your dream. Speak to Kim! Iv done it all!! but in the early part of my training, I had a further 2 years to get it right-you only have a few months so LISTEN TO ME

My fault I guess for keeping such an honest blog!

Seriously though; how lucky am I to have someone who cares so much on my side; no way I can fail with that kind of support.

1 comment: