Tuesday 5 October 2010

Day 109 - 5th October 2010

Sitting in the car by the pier, 6.30am; dark and raining. Sea looks choppy, but not crazy. Good gym session last night, but feeling it a tad this morning in my arms. No point putting it off anymore!

8.30am and now at the office. That was a great swim! It’s so deceptive looking at the sea from the top road. It was actually really choppy out there; in fact it took me three attempts to just get in; each attempt showering me from above with cold foamy water; that woke me up! Bob and I swam around the pier, taking it slowly and controlled. It was amazing from the end of the pier just bobbing up and down and watching the huge walls of water heading to shore, it really is a sight to behold.

It must have been a big sea as a number of the usual crowd decided not to even go in, I think that they got a big scared on Sunday and it has hit their confidence a bit; I also guess it must have picked up whilst we were out there. The good thing about today was that whilst it was rough, there wasn’t much of a tidal pull, so we could battle the waves but not have to also fight the tide...Good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment