Monday 31 October 2011

Thursday 20th October 2011



Almost never left today for holiday!  A very close call indeed.

Asher stopped being sick yesterday afternoon, but was naturally tired, so we felt confident to still go. By 7pm Ash was in bed but Mia throwing up for England, the next Olympic gold medalist in projectile vomit.  She was still throwing up at midnight, by which time we were throwing in the towel and had decided not to go away. By 2am, with us still awake and Mia fast asleep and Jesse only falling asleep by 11pm (he simply refused to go to sleep) we had decided definitely not to go as no doubt Jesse will be ill when he wakes up and Sharon and I were only feeling 75% well ourselves (probably just exhaustion, but could have been sickness bug as well). I turned off the alarm and resigned myself that I would be back to the beach and to work tomorrow as usual.  However at 4am Sharon woke up, woke me and the kids up and decided we should go for it; an interesting and ballsy idea.

By 5am we were handing over our car at Gatwick, by 6am we were checked in and now at 9.30am we are at 30000 feet! Asher watching a DVD, Mia drawing and Jessie asleep across me.

So far no more sickness and everyone in good spirits; I need a holiday I think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment