Tuesday 11 October 2011

Day 355 - Tuesday 11th October 2011






Have you ever swum backwards doing the front crawl?  No??  Well if you had joined us this morning at 7am on Brighton beach then you would have done.  Luckily it was a low tide again, but just like yesterday the sea was wave upon wave and the tide was pulling so fiercely to the east that even a herd of wild pilchards fitted with Ferrari engines couldn’t have made headway against it.  A fair few of us down there today and all went in at the donut groin; furthest away from the pier at the other end of our beach; Little Bob, needing that extra power and oomph  even wore my trunks today; sadly they didn’t help.  No matter how hard we all swam it was a case of one second by the groin and the next by the pier.  We kept having to get back to the beach and walk on the stones back to the shore to just stay away from the pier.  It seemed the harder you swam the more the tide fought back.  A massive morning of exercise for sure and a lot of fun; so much fun that Big Bob and I ended up being in their for over 45 minutes; which for us in the morning at the moment was a decent amount of time.

After work I was meant to be at the gym, but instead thought I’d do another run.  Saturdays run hurt too much for a couple of days and that’s not good, so I thought another run this week would help.  On Saturday I did 12k at an average of 6.04 minutes per k.  Today after work I did 14k at an average of 5.25 minutes per k ; a much better performance and I’m most pleased (and most tired).

No comments:

Post a Comment