Monday 31 October 2011

Friday 28th October 2011



Safely home and always good to be back amongst your own things.  Not swimming today as needed to be at my desk earl (5.45am as it turned out) as there were over 500 emails for me to look over – holiday are great, but one has to pay the price on the return!  Everything has a price it seems.
Tonight we have the Starr Trust Swim4Smiles Presentation at the Sussex County Cricket Club.  We have about 130 people coming; some of the projects we have supported, some of our donors, some friends of the Trust and some new friends of course.  I can’t believe that a whole year has now gone since we launched Swim4Swiles and in that year we have managed to raised circa £72,000.  An amazing achievement by the Trust.  Tonight we celebrate by giving out the £72,000 to our projects and hearing exactly where the money will go and how it will help children smile.  For me of course the challenge continues as I do not complete my swim for another 10 months, so that 10 months of training and worrying; but for now it’s time to enjoy the amazing work that the Trust has done in the last 12 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment