Tuesday 18 October 2011

Day 360 - Tuesday 18th October 2011


Back to the beach again; but at the far more sensible time of 7.10am.  Busy arch this morning, must have been around 8-10 of us.  Sea cold again, down to 12.2 degrees today and whilst there were not many waves the ones there were very powerful.  Big Bob and I decided to swim west rather than go around the pier, although as the tide had a decent pull to the east it meant we only got a few metres passed the groin.  When we swam out a distance it was quite flat, but further in the waves were so strong that at one point Bob was actually taken over me whilst I went through a wave; one second he was next to me on my left and the next second he was on my right; a fantastic You Tube video if it had been filmed. 
Back to the gym later to see Ross and work off that awful burger king I had yesterday; my crones was certainly complaining about it to me this morning by giving me some quite severe stomach cramps.  Must avoid the rubbish food when I’m travelling for work; seems like a good idea at the time but boy do I pay for it later!
Tomorrow is my last day at sea for a week as we are off on a very much needed week away.  In fact a week in the sun and with little or no exercise will be a treat and will do my shoulder the world of good as it’s still not right.  Hopefully tomorrow the sea will be flat enough for a pier swim to finish of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment