Friday 14 October 2011

Day 358 - Friday 14th October 2011




A slightly later swim this morning as quite frankly I couldn’t be bothered to get up when Jesse jumped on me at 5.30am and the alarm went off at 6.00am; I know I’m getting lazy!  I was at the arch jus after 7am as Damien, Shoichi, Lindy and Mark had finished their swim and Little Bob, Simon and David were just getting ready for theirs.  I was in the sea by about 7.15am and as the tide was very low and the water calm it meant a walk out just passed the pier sign before one could submerge into the depths.  Walking in felt colder than it has done in recent weeks, which was as much to do with the air temperature dropping as the sea temperature.  The sky however was just brightening up and to my right was a very bright and still visible moon and to my left a bright and vibrant ball of sunshine; for a moment standing in the middle of the sea looking left and right it felt like a scene from a sci fi movie about a land of water with two moons high ion the atmosphere.
I wasn’t planning on swimming around the pier today as my shoulder is still swollen from my physioterrorist yesterday, but with so few days left at this temperature it felt a waste not to.  As it turned out I felt strong today, despite my shoulder, and swam at a really good pace.  Possibly if I had not been alone it may have felt slower as I usually end up chasing people, but on my own I have no-one to judge myself against and as such it was nice to at least pretend I was motoring along.
The temperature was 12.9 degrees; so we are now sub 13 and I am sure it won’t be long before Big Bob and I will be in there complaining about it being under 6 degrees.
Having had a text from Fiona yesterday I am hopeful that next week or the week after She and I can get together to talk about next years relay. I am desperate to get my team together and talk through the relay and really have a “team” rather than a group of people, but for me Fiona is key to this as she is so very experienced at this.  The problem is that being so good at it she is always in great demand and I am not one to badger people, so whilst I am hopeful she will be on board I can’t keep pushing her as it’s not fair to either of us.  So hopefully she’ll be with us and I don’t have to do this alone!  If I do have to then I will, but really hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment