Wednesday 5 October 2011

Day 350 - Wednesday 5th October 2011

Where's the weather gone?  In fact where's the year gone?

After being spoilt for a week with magnificant weather here we are with darkness, wind and a little rain.  This morning I was at the arch by 7am and heading into the sea with Big Bob and Lindy by 7.15am.  The waves were quite big and the swells carrying you high.  Lindy headed off around the pier whilst Bob and I headed West against the tide to the Brighton Centre; we seem to like that swim.  I still find I swim better in rougher waters; perhaps it's a case that everyone else is a little more caustious whilst I stay the same and hence I come more into my own.  Saying that, Bob copes with all weathers and on a day like today it's good for me that we swim together and stay together; safety in numbers as well as someone to enjoy the crazy experience.  This was not the only challenge of the day for me; in fact I would say this was the easiest part of my day.

After the swim it was off to the office for two meetings, both lasting about 2 hrs each and then the fun began.  I picked up Asher, Carman and Jacob (friends of Asher's from school); then off to Falmer with them all as Asher had a swimming lesson, then off to pick up the Twins, then home and cook dinner for all five.  Where was Sharon whilst this was going on?  In a spa day with friends; nice life if you can get it.

Tomorrow it's meant to be a crazy sea (the wind is already bending the trees); but likely that a force 8 gale will be less charactor building than cooking dinner for 5 kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment