Monday 10 October 2011

Day 354 - Monday 10th October 2011


Last night we only had little Mia join us in bed; so how come I was still be shoved out!  Considering she is only 3 years old and just a little thing she sure has a lot of strength in he legs and arms; I spent the whole night fighting to just stay on the edge rather than the floor.  By 5.45am she had won game set and match and I was out the bed on the floor feeling rather sad to have been beaten once again.
On the positive side I needed to up and about early as I had an important 8am meeting to get to so an early swim was needed.  I was at the arch by 6.30am and met with Shoichi who as usual was there before the sun came up.  Even at 6.30am it was dark still so it felt almost like a night swim.  The wind was really pushing and the sea was a mass of waves.  Luckily it was low tide which meant we could get in; if it had been high tide it was have been suicidal to have even tried.  We went in near the groin and within seconds it was wave after wave of pummelling as well as being dragged forcibly towards the pier.  After 25 minutes of battling we safely got back to shore and headed up the beach; both of us swaying with dizziness from the pounding and the crazy movement of the sea.  Back at the arch a few minutes later came Little Bob, Big Bob, Alex, Sean, Simon, David, Martina, Evo and others; all heading off to the safer beach (no longer called the girly beach by me!); whilst I headed straight into the shower, holding on the sides as I was still swaying a little too much.
Next week before I go away on a much needed weeks holiday I am going to try to arrange a meal out with my relay team so that we can be regaled by Alex’s recent relay swim and understand a little more of what we are heading into.  It will also be great to meet as a team again as time is marching on and I want us to be very prepared; we really can’t simply expect the same perfect conditions that Alex and Bog Bob had on their swim; we need to be ready to take on the elements however they are thrown at us.
On a final note I really must start running at the very least once a week!  After my Saturday shortish run my thighs are really tight today and I should be able to knock out these runs without any problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment