Friday 24 June 2011

Day 280 - Friday 24th June 2011

Blog

Another day of bouncy water and once again a cold sea, circa 14 degrees. The cold today seemed to really get into your bones. I started my swim swim with Bob & James, but they went clockwise around the pier and I went anti clockwise; seems I always go the other way to everyone else! It wasn't planned that way, I just lost sight of them and didn't realise they were going that way. Unlike other sports, sea swimming is odd in so much that a dozen of you could be in spitting distance of each other and you still can't see anyone. It's very easy to feel all alone out there.

After work I went to the gym and trained with Ross, sometimes he trains with me rather than just trains me. We did an hour on just lower body. After an hour of legs only you really know it! My legs feel like ton weights; tomorrow I'll probably be walking like Charlie Chaplin!

My training from now on is going to be focused on speed swimming and strength rather than just distance. I still plan some 3 & 4 hours swims, but I need to get my speed up; ive a year now to nail that and nail it I will.

On the fundraising front things are still going forward. We are at around £44,000 so far and have plans to keep it going hard . Esporta in Falmer, my fantastic gym, are now on board with fundraising and have set themselves a target of £5,000. They have numerous events planned, including a very cool 21 day tour de France challenge on the spinning bikes. Very cool indeed to have such a great sports club helping us.

No comments:

Post a Comment