Monday 20 June 2011

Day 277 Monday 20th June 2011

Fathers Day weekend just gone and family time the order of the day; ish!

Saturday I did a solo swim in the sea, a rough sea it was. I attempted to swim to the West Pier and back, but the tide was like a monster dragging East to the marina and the waves were a constant barrage. As it was a low tide it did mean that you could stand quite a way out, which in turn kept the waves low to the surface, but their constant wash and the strong tide meant that actually goig anywhere but with it was pointless. So I ended up staying on my beach and just swimming against it as if I was in an endless pool. An hour later, slightly battered and windswept was home and ready for the day ahead. Temperature in the sea dropped again; 13.7.

Sunday - Fathers Day - Kids in bed with me throwing cards into my face at 5.30am. I actually can't think of a nicer way to wake up than having my little stars telling me they love me.; it's like winning the lottery a million times over. A day of family fun until 3pm when Sharon took them all to a birthday party and I put on my running shoes and hit the street. I did a 90 minute run throught wind and rain and felt better for it.

Today - Another week begins and it started for me in the sea at 7.15am. Temperature still only 13.7 degrees, but sea flat (despite the dribbling rain). Didn't fancy going around the pier or heading far, so it was a 20 minute swim around the buoys and back. Nice and easy and a pleasure to be swimming with Little Bob and MIke; not often do I get to do that, so thougherly enjoyed it. This week I'm going to plan out my training for the next few months to make sure I on;t squander the time just doing what I feel like doing. I need to continue building on the foundation I've started and now add speed into the mix. This time next year Rodney.........

No comments:

Post a Comment