Tuesday 21 June 2011

Day 278 - Tuesday 21st June 2011

Another fractious day in the sea; them waves keepacoming! Temperature back up to 14 degree form 13.7 yesterday; still way too cold for the time of year; absolute nonsense. I swam out to the end of the pier, but being all alone and the waves being taller than a short building I decided to hang out until other came along. I’m not sure what they would have accomplished, but sometimes when your heart skips a beat its good to have other around! After waiting about 10 minutes and simply watching the waves head back to the shore I decided to head back myself; no point freezing out there all alone. By the time I got back to the buoy I swam into Big Bob, James and Damien as well as seeing a few others just coming in; Bob has just come back from a short break in France, so there we were in the middle of a wavey sea discussing his holiday. So nice to bump into friends and catch up on life before one goes to work, even if it’s half a mile out to sea! Weird maybe, what do you think??

I was meant to be at the gym after work today, but my wrist is really hurting – no funny comments please!! About 6 weeks ago, when I was moving some garden pots, I dropped one onto my right wrist and it swelled up quite badly. Six weeks later the swelling has not gone down and today it really has started to ache a lot. I don’t think it’s broken, maybe just sprained, but perhaps six weeks of training in the gym and sea, as well as six weeks of typing on a keyboard, have taken their toll. Not good at all as I’m now starting my speed swimming for the 21 mile coast swim and also the relay next year. I’ll rest it tonight and also tomorrow and will head to the sea Thursday and hopefully by then it will have settled down again. I need warmth and sun; it is a healer of all!

Come on summer, we need you!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment