Monday 6 June 2011

Day 265 - Saturday 4th June

The plan today was 3-4 hour sea swim, but the best laid plans....

Jesse was unwell last night, which meant yet another night of no sleep. He has quite a high temperature, so whilst he is feeling generally OK, the temperature is unsettling him and it meant he was up and down all night. My plan was to be at the beach by 10.30am (Sharon was at the hairdressers at 9am getting prettied up for our anniversary party tonight), so I was expecting her back by around 10am, giving me time to get to the sea by 10.30. However, by the time she got back (more like 10.30am) Jesse was still not at his best so I couldn’t just run off. I ended up at the beach by midday, but as I needed to be home by 2.30pm to set up the house for tonight it didn’t give me much swimming time. Also the wind today was really strong, which meant that the sea conditions simply were not conducive for a long swim. Anyhow, in I went at midday and swam to the West Pier and back; total swim was 43 minutes, which was a decent speed considering the conditions. Certainly not the 3-4 hours I wanted to do, but basically it was what it was and I have to just take each day as it comes and do my best on that day based on the conditions around me.

The party was fab. 80 people, a fantastic band, an amazing catering company and lots of fun. 7.30pm until 3.30am and just one of the best parties we’ve had. 10 years on from the wedding and still able to parrrrrrrty.

No comments:

Post a Comment