Friday 3 June 2011

Day 263 - Thursday 2nd June

If you would like to know why I didn’t swim today then just ask my children.

11.30pm – Asher in our room as he couldn’t sleep. Brought his bed in and laid next to us on the floor and snored like a dinosaur. He fell asleep straight away and stayed all night without waking up, but his snoring remained as consistent as ever; no sleep for us then!

11.36pm (I was clockwatching) – Jesse comes in and jumps onto my stomach and falls asleep.

11.39pm Mia comes in to make it a full house.

12.10pm – We take Jesse and Mia back.

12.25pm – Jesse and Mia return.

12.50pm – Take Jesse and Mia back

1.25am – Jesse returns; once again my stomach being the trampoline

Asher continuing to snore like a dinosaur

2am – I take Jesse back

3.10am – Mia and Jesse return; once more a full house. If this was a game of poker I would be a millionaire

4.00am – We take Mia & Jesse back

5.05am – Jesse returns.

6.00am – Mia returns

6.02am – I get up to go swimming, make it as far as the bedroom door, turn around and head back to bed

7.15am – All kids awake and telling us how good they were as they slept through the night. Couldn’t be bothered to argue with them, so patted them on the heads and said well done. Perfect parenting!

8.30am – On the train to Gatwick and the girl serving coffee asks me if I am tired – I replied nicely, although that was not my first thought!

I felt bad about not swimming in the morning, but it was just impossible. Even I , who needs little sleep was just too exhausted.

3.50pm – back from three London meetings, having made sure I ate something between each to get some energy back, I headed straight to Falmer (although really wanted to just get home) and did a 2 hr pool swim in the outside pool. Not much speed, not much pleasure, but a 2 hr swim nevertheless.

5.00pm – Home and straight to the gym (yes I did!!) and did a 40 minute cross trainer, 20 minute run and 10 minute vasa swimming machine.

6.00pm onwards – went through the motions of dinner, books, bed for kids then same for me and happy day was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment