Friday 3 June 2011

Day 264 - Friday 3rd June

Happy Anniversary to me – 10 years ago today I married the most amazing girl in the world and 10 years later I have managed to keep her – she must be a saint.

Last night was more fun and games.

Jesse and Mia with us at 11.50pm and after taking them back at, midnight they both returned by 12.30am. We took them back again straight away and Mia stayed put in her bed for the rest of the night. Jesse however wouldn’t stay put so the battle lines were drawn. Every 10-15 minutes from 12.30 until about 2.30am I met him at his bedroom door and took him straight back to his bed – he screamed at me throughout and woke Asher, Mia, Sharon and every sleeping entity within a 2 mile radius I expect. At this point Sharon took over and did the same until about 3.30am when she eventually won the battle and he stayed in his bed until 6am when he bounced onto my stomach once again.

Despite the lack of sleep I couldn’t miss swimming again, so I was at the Arch and in the sea on my own by 6.20am. The sea was wet and cold (as expected), but it was relatively calm. It was also a low tide which meant a long walk out, which today I didn’t mind as it gave me a chance to wake up. I headed off to the West Pier and swam at a fairly decent pace in a almost nothing tide to the red buoy at the end, then turned back to the palace pier, swam around the pier to the girly beach the other side, until I could stand, then turned around and swam all the way back around the pier to my side – probably about 50 minutes to the West Pier and back and then a further 40 minutes to go twice around the pier. A decent swim, especially with the sleeping conditions of the last two nights!

Tomorrow morning I’ll be at the beach around 10.30am and aim to do a 4 hr swim. My plan is Palace Pier to West Pier and back 3 times and then twice around the palace pier; stopping on the hour by the first buoy on my beech to feed on maxim which I’ll tie up on the first round. Fingers crossed the kids give me a break tonight as I’ll need at least 3-4 hours sleep to do that I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment