Thursday 24 February 2011

Day 196 - Thursday 24th February 2011

Tired with a rather large capital T.

Last night I did a power swim with Bob, Fiona and Shoichi at Falmer at 8.30pm. Prior to that at home it took longer than it should have to get the kids to bed, so by the time I got to Falmer I was already rather rushed. The swim was very hard work as usual, with Fiona putting us through a rigorous training plan that included speed swimming, endurance swimming, leg work, shoulder work etc. What it does achieve however, apart from the obvious physicality, is a regeneration of energy. Physical exercise is definitely the best tonic to regenerate enegery levels. Children on the other hand is the best way to use them up again! Having got back home just after 11pm I was not best pleased to already see Mia waiting outside our bedroom. What followed through the night was a constant battle between Mia & Jesse and US; with them coming in and us taking them back from about 11pm – 5am. We need Super Nanny HELPPPPP.

At 7.01am I woke with a sudden start, looked at the clock and literally jumped! I slung on old clothes and headed to the beach at breakneck speed; just getting to the Arch in time to join my boys & girls for a morning swim; a swim which instantly woke me up! The air temp was around 8 degrees, the sea was around 6 degrees and the wind almost nothing. If not for the cold it would have been pretty much perfect swimming conditions; a medium-low tide, a few interesting but not dangerous waves and only a very slight pull to the East, only very slight. If not for the cold I would have stayed out for hours, literally.

After the swim I jumped straight back into my old clothes and headed back home for a decent shower and change. Now back at work and once again tired – how did that happen! No more exercise today or tonight as I need to conserve energy as tomorrow I am having a day off from work to just swim. The aim is a 6 hour, 8am – 2pm, followed by an hour with Ross in the Gym doing stretching etc. Quite daunting to be honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment