Friday 4 February 2011

Day 182 - 4th February 2011

And the good news is.... outdoor swimming pool at Falmer worked a treat. My 1 hr swim in the indoor pool Tuesday left me with a very stuffed nose and very bad burning chest pains all night, yet a 4 hour swim yesterday in the outside pool left me with a clear nose and a pain free chest. So outside pool it is and no reason now to be afraid of a long pool swim. That’s most definitely my first bit of good news for the day. The second bit of good news for me was that for the second night running all three children slept in their own beds and didn’t come into us until around 6.45am – yeh baby that’s the way I like it!!! The third piece of good news has not yet happened as it’s only 8.00am, but it’s certainly out there somewhere and winging it’s way to me; what could it be I wonder??

This morning I got to the Arch at 7am, basically blown all the way from the car to the Arch by a strong gail (the wind type not the woman type). The sea was kicking up a huge storm, waves everywhere. However, as it was very low tide it meant that the waves had no height at all. I think high tide will be about midday today, by which time if the winds persist it will be chaos out there. Not many of us this morning at all, in fact so few I can name us all – Moi, Little Bob, Mike, Lindy, David and Kevin. I can only assume that the howling winds put people off this morning; poor effort BSC!! We few braved it nevertheless and were in amongst the waves by quarter past. In these conditions, especially with such a low tide, it is impossible to swim, so it was just a case of having a play. Considering I did a 4hr pool yesterday I was happy to just enjoy it and clear my head, which the sea air always does. The tide was incredibly strong pulling East to the Marina, so Kevin, Lindy and I did a “run” towards the groin, which was really tough as the tide was dragging us backwards whilst the waves were hitting us sideways. It was like running on a treadmill at full pace on the highest climb; brilliant cardio training! The air temperature was about 8 degrees despite the wind and the sea was an incredible 6.4 degrees, a massive jump up from Wednesday.

I guess that’s all I can say about today as it was so quick and so few of us there! Now off to work ready for the day, with a 1 hr gym session with Ross after work, then followed tonight at the Estate Agents Dinner and Dance for some hopefully serious fundraising!!

Wishing everyone a great weekend !!

No comments:

Post a Comment