Thursday 3 February 2011

Day 180 - 2nd February 2011

As I was in the pool last night and in again tomorrow, I did a short sea swim this morning. As my chest was hurting so much from yesterday I needed the fresh sea air to clear it and make me feel better. Like the miracle it is, the sea air worked it’s magic and after a short swim my chest and nasal were clear.

Usual peeps down the Arch this morning, Big & Little Bob, David, Mike, Martina, Charlotte and others I can’t remember! The sea was a little choppier than it has been, which was great, and there was a definite tidal pull to the East (to the Marina). Bob and I only did a short one, probably no more than 10 minutes. We swam against the tide to the donut on the west groin and then back again. Boy do I love swimming in the sea; really it’s so amazing to be amongst the waves and the tide. The temperature was still low, just 4.6 degrees (up on earlier this week though), but as we were only in for a few minutes it didn’t bite too much. I even went in bear feet today, leaving my swimming socks in the comfort of my bag; time to shed the socks and bring out the feet at last.

That will be all the exercise for today as yesterday certainly tired me out, plus Jesse was up in our room 4 times last night and that meant I had no more than about 3 hours sleep.

Tomorrow no sea unfortunately as I’ll be in the pool for 3 hours, but hopefully the outside pool will mean no pain and I might even enjoy it! We shall see.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment