Wednesday 23 February 2011

Day 195 - Wednesday 23rd February 2011

A rainy and somewhat gloomy start to the day; but only in terms of the weather of course. Starting the day in the sea, no matter the weather, is far from a gloomy start to the day.

Last night I had an hour in the gym with Ross and as ever he upped the game, so this morning I was achy in my shoulders and legs. So this morning an easy swim and a lot of floating was in order. The rain was more of a spit than rain and the wind was very low, so whilst there were waves, they were not a challenge in any way. Also whilst it was low tide, it wasn’t as low as yesterday, so the walk was shorter and less painful. I started the swim with Big Bob and Shoichi, but we all kind of drifted away from each other and only regrouped near the shore. Personally I swam out just beyond he silver ball and then swam back in and decided to do some floating for a few minutes. It’s such a calming thing to do, floating in the sea, that if the temperature wasn’t so biting you could stay there all day. It was still under 6 degrees, around 5.9 I think, so staying in for 12 minutes was plenty.

After a quick shower at the Arch I came home to get dressed as I’m in London again this morning on meetings; however seeing my big shower at home was just too tempting and as such a second shower of the day ensued; this time with a beautiful tiled room, a large shower and a waterfall shower head. Not to say the shower at the Arch is not welcoming after a cold sea swim, but if you were to see if for yourself you would understand the excitement of them showering in my own bathroom at home!

Anyhow now I’m all suited and booted and ready to head of to the Gatwick Express; I am sure I will be bitterly disappointed when the train pulls into Victoria and I had been sitting all alone without the company of my Latvian friend; maybe this time I’ll go and talk to someone sitting on their own like she did to me?

Then again maybe I’ll just be English and read my paper in silence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment