Thursday 3 February 2011

Day 181 - 3rd February 2011


No sea today as a pool day. From an earlier text from Bob it sounds like the sea was choppy and the temperature had dropped; in fact it sounded like he had a scary moment getting out. Even experienced athletes like Bob are no match for a rough sea; lessons as usual!

Today I changed routine; instead of getting up and running to the pool as early as I can, I got up nice and slowly, helped get the kiddies dressed, had some cereal (oh yes I did) and then poodled of to the office and was at my desk working by 7.45am all nice and calm. Then at 11am I headed to Falmer and did a 4 hr swim in the outside pool, then had the biggest chicken sandwich and chips on the menu - its all true, I have had two meals already today !!

Swimming in the outside pool was certainly colder of course; air temperature around 5 degrees and after 4 hrs you certainly can feel it.

However, I had a lane all to myself the whole time and so far I don't feel congested at all and my chest isn't hurting. Fingers crossed the pain stays away, then I know I can do long pool swims and stay healthy!

Tomorrow I'll do a short sea swim before work (can't miss that again) and then at the gym after work with Ross for an hour. Then tomorrow night, excitedly, the Brighton and Hove Estate Agents Association are having their annual dinner and dance at the Grand Hotel. Why is that exciting you ask? I shall tell you! They have chosen the Starr Trust as their chosen charity this year, which could mean some £..thousands... towards out fundraising efforts. See, exciting or what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment