Friday 27 July 2012

Swimming day 527 - Friday 26th July 2012


12 days to go…
Not a bad nights sleep thankfully; a decent 5 hours so I was ready to get up and head to the beach.  Not as hot today, possibly rain later, but still dry and clear and a very flat sea yet again.  A strong tidal pull to the West made the swim a decent exercise and a very clear ocean made the fish and starfish watching rather pleasant. 
A quiet arch today as a lot of them on a weekend Devon trip, including me mate Big Bob.  So I had a nice gentle swim; around the buoys both sides of the pier, around the pier, around the buoys again; an hour of gentle swimming.  I’m still achy from all the exercise and the physio so this was sensible I think!  Tonight I will grab half an hour in the gym at home, but again on more gentle exercises rather than caning it.  Then tomorrow (assuming the wife allows,) I’ll grab an hour in the sea first thing in the morning. 
Next week I’ll do a couple of West Pier swims and a couple of gyms, but then will tail the exercise off to make sure I am not achy or overworked for the big swim – how exciting to think about tailing it off for a while.  Jeeze this swim better happen and better be successful; 2 ½ years of learning to swim and aiming for this is a long time for me.  Having been watching a lot of Olympian biogs on TV this month I am astounded as to their dedication to their sport.  I know my 2½ years does show some sticking power and is certainly more than I expected I could do, but compared to the Olympians it is less than a weekends work. These are seriously dedicated special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment