Tuesday 10 July 2012

Swimming day 515 - Tuesday 10th July 2012

27 days to go ....


Pain pain has gone away; woop woop.  As it happens it was definitely a Crohns pain and not a muscle thing as it went too quickly to be a muscle issue; which is good news as a muscle issue could have been a longer terms problem whilst the Crohns is already longer term! Still due to other commitments I couldn’t train Friday night through to this morning, so I did ge a rest.
This morning I was somewhat reluctant to go to the beach; this always happens when you’ve missed a couple of days.  However I dragged myself down there and was extremely pleased I did. The sea was very bumpy, but the tide was slack (the eastley tide was offset by a westerly wind) and the temperature still cold at just 15.3 degrees.  I hadn’t planned the swim and Bob seemed reluctant (like me) to make the choice, so Dr James from my team made the decision for us – Palace Pier to West Pier and back – James, Shoichi, Bob and Me.  We headed of together and ended up all swimming alone (the bumps in the sea simply made visibility impossible).  James and I basically stayed together all the way there, but I was certainly on my own coming back.  James and Shocihi went to the red buoy, whilst Bob and I stayed nearer the shore and went to the stantions.  A decent swim to start the week.

This afternoon - sick at the gym (well almost!!!)

I had to go for an early gym session today (11.30am) as I am busy from 2pm until about 9pm tonight at work.  As Ross is away I trained with Soula; she is a gym devil!  Unlike my usual training, which has pretty much been core, strength and stamina; Soula started me on speed training.  We did 2000 meters on the rowing machine at serious speed without slowing down, which was preceded by the cross trainer.  This alone made me feel a little sick.  Then we spent a whole hour on the TRX, which was back to core and strength, including a lot of leg work.  Half way through and then also near the end I had to excuse myself and stand outside for a minute taking in gulps of air to stop myself being sick.  I think that the last time that happened to me was when I was 18 and first went to a gym!  For sure it was compounded by lack of sleep, zero food, a swim to the West Pier and back in a bumpy sea and two hours of dashing around the office all beforehand, however it was still an odd feeling for me considering how much exercise and training I do.  Just goes to show that no matter how fit you might be, if all of a sudden you change your routine and try something new you have to accept that to a great degree you are starting from scratch!
G-d knows how I'll get through the rest of the working day until after 9pm and still be awake!  Soula you rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment