Friday 13 July 2012

Swimming day 517 - Friday 13th July 2012


24 days to go…

No swimming or gyming yesterday as my little Asher was in hospital for an operation (ears, nose & throat) and I needed to be with him from morning till night.  Pleasingly all went well, and apart from slight breathing issues which meant an overnight stay, all was good and we were able to bring him home at 10am this morning.

Talking about this morning; back to the sea.  A very bumpy day again.  Waves were everywhere and of variable height; medium, large and extra large – no XXL thankfully.  Bob, Sean and I went buoys to buoys to buoys again and it was a lot of fun and a decent workout.  Then off to the Roaster for a Friday coffee and then up to the Royal Alex to collect my baby.  Now back at home (working from home today) and absolutely gonna hit the home gym at least twice today; lunchtime and evening and also (before the Twins get back from Nursery) will get an hour in the pool at home against the jets and in far too hot water – already sweating just thinking about it.  Next week, Tuesday, am gonna do a 2 hour swim with the team and with Fiona in her kayak; getting this adjudicated swim done is now a major focus as without that we can’t go!  I remain hopeful that the entire team (including me!) will step up and nail this.  Also next week I am going to grab a day where I can do 3 x 1 hr sea swims in one day (am/afternoon/evening).  Leo and Shocihi did it yesterday and it was a big challenge for them, especially in these seas – the boys really are something.  Lindy was also out this morning in these crazy seas for nearly an hour; a great performance from everyone.

I’m looking forward to a great sea swimming week next week in preparation for the upcoming event.

No comments:

Post a Comment