Wednesday 18 July 2012

Swimming day 520 - Wednesday 18th July 2012

21 days to go….
A big thank you to those who have gone onto my site and donated recently; almost at £75,000 now!!
Despite yesterday’s big swim I still managed an hour at the gym after work which was tiring but good.  It wasn't until after the gym that I realised I hadn't eaten anything all day; in fact nothing since 6pm the night before.  It still amazes me that I am able to pull a big sea swim (equivalent to around 5 hrs in the pool) and then work and then the gym and all with no food in me.  Blooming bad for the body I would think, but I just keep forgetting to eat!


Today the sea was back to being a swimming treadmill.  Very few of us this morning; LB, Sean, Flick, Martina and Charlotte.  I was the only one who made it to the first buoy; and I only did that by going in on the next beach along and then swimming as hard as I could to the West, with the sea literally dragging me to the East.  I went passed the buoy (only just) and then was back on the beach all the way by the pier in seconds.  It was so strong it wasn't even possible to walk back in the sea let alone swim.  Very good shoulder workout, but so very glad it wasn't like this yesterday as no way we could have done 2 hrs in it.
Rest of the day should be easy enough; no meetings, just at the office gently doing some paperwork (if the staff leave me alone of course - not much chance of that!) and then a short half an hour in the gym at home tonight.  

Having completed the final swim adjudication yesterday it feels much more relaxed today; all we need to do now is keep up the hour at a time swims and then pray for a warm and calm August; please please let's have an August summer so we can get the swim done and I can then move on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment