Tuesday 24 July 2012

Swimming day 524 - Tuesday 24th July 2012


15 days to go …..
Sea held steady at 15.6 degrees and was flat once again; air temp a lovely 18 degrees this morning and set to rise; and the sun was already up and glowing nicely next to the receding moon.  And let’s not forget the very clear sea, which was sitting at a nice high tide and allowing me to view all it had going on; about a dozen starfish, a couple of crabs and some weird worm like fishy thing. 
I was at the arch a bit earlier today (6.20am) and as it was too long to wait for Bob and the others I went straight in.  There were already a couple of people in (Shoichi, Paul F and Damien maybe – only saw some random clothes).  After yesterdays gym with Ross and the previous swimming adventures my shoulders were still a little sore so I took it slower today and went twice around the pier; beach to beach to beach. Total swim around 50 minutes I think.  Coming back around the pier and the buoys I met up with David and LB and then nearer the shore it seemed to be a school of people swimming by; all the BSC members who have been absent for so many months.  Being the first in and first out meant a leisurely shower before the queue started and then an early start at work.  All in all a nice start to the day.  I do hope that after my channel swim is done I will continue to do this as it really is a great way to start the day. I would imagine that without the pressure of considering every single swim “training” that I will get a lot more pleasure from it than I do even now.
Interestingly we at the arch seem to think it's a lot colder now than last year, however my blog from last year shows these same last two days in July 2011  were 15.2 degrees and 15.7 degrees - just goes to show that actually we forget sometimes and that sea probably is similar year on year.
 Batman movie – long at 3 hours, but tremendous – 9/10 for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment