Thursday 5 July 2012

Swimming day 513 - Thursday 5th July 2012


33 days to go…
Not feeling my best today; which is annoying.  Not great sleep (naturally), but enough for me to not be affected.  I was at the arch by 6.45am and was aiming for the same as yesterday (bog Bob, Sean & Me), however this morning Paul decided to swim around the pier with us After suffering some serious scares last year he was to nervous to go on his own and yesterday when he attempted it he got scared at the helter skelter and turned back.  So this morning Bob and I were determined to help him face his fear, so we swam either side of him the whole way around.  It helped that the sea was almost completely static today and the very low tide meant he could walk all the way to the buoy in the centre of the pier. 
For me the swim was only tough in so much that I have a pain that goes around my entire middle.  It’s not a “bad tummy” pain at all and it only mildly suggests a crohn’s pain; so possibly I have overdone the training and pulled something?  Not really sure, but it is quite painful (even now at midday).
I was meant to be swimming in the sea after work, but a meeting in London was called so I had to cancel that; which considering my pain is a good thing.  Also I will not gym tonight and also cancel both gym sessions tomorrow; just sea swim in the morning.  That way at least I’m giving it a chance to heal before next weeks crazy exercise onslaught.
Pain pain go away don’t come back another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment