Wednesday 28 March 2012

Swimming day 454 - Wednesday 28th March 2012


NO plans at all to sit by the side of the road today!  I was at the arch by 6.45am, but not feeling the best.  My throat my sore, my right knee aching (probably because Mia kicked me out of my bed and I spent a restless night in her small bed with my legs hanging off the side) and  my stomach in knots (maybe crones again or just the anxiety of Mia being unwell yesterday).  A larger than usual crowd at the arch on the boys side; LB, David and Dr Sean all doing their micro dip.  Big Bob, Shoichi, Paul Smith, Charlie and Myself all heading as a group out and around the pier.  My speed slower than yesterday as I felt sluggish because of not being at my best, however after Shoichi raced home I landed seconds after Big Bob and we waited a couple of minutes for Paul and Charlie; first time for a long time I was with the front pack!  
Swim time 23 minutes (again, but felt slower), temp in air maybe 6 degrees, temp in sea 7.8 degrees - still felt cold and after heading around the top of the pier I lost all feeling in my feet!
 As for rest of the day; stuck in the office away from the beautiful 20 degree sunny day and head down to clear yesterdays missed work – oh well, at least it’s in a leather chair and not a dirty motorway!

No comments:

Post a Comment