Monday 19 March 2012

Swimming day 448 - Sunday 18th March 2012


Mothers day today, so I decided on a shorter run than last week and then home to do the “look after the wife” thing.  The plan was a 10 mile run, but it ended up being 13.28 miles.  It was however a slow arduous and painful run.  Slow because we had gone out for dinner Saturday night with friends to a restaurant over and hour and a half away and didn’t get back home until well after 1am, with a full belly and a long tiring drive home through country lanes in the dark and rain.  The n by 5am the kids were in our bed and being way too noisy.  So by the time I hit the road for my run at 7.30am I really didn’t fancy it and as such my pace was the slowest I’ve been since records began; I averaged over 10 minutes a mile; well above what it should be.  Painful because my right knee went again, this time only after about 8 miles; exactly the same spot as last week.
I’m no expert, but I think it’s my I.T Band and unless I can get some treatment on it I will be in a lot of trouble for the marathon and I will be way slower than I should be.  I’ll try to get to see Kim this week, failing that I’ll have to try to find someone else in the interim.  Extremely annoying as I’m totally fine from a fitness point of view.  I’ll definitely not run or do any jarring exercise for another week; just sticking to my swimming and gym work on upper body only.

No comments:

Post a Comment