Friday 16 March 2012

Swimming day 447 - Friday 16th March 2012


Last nights meeting was fantastic; met some lovely people and got some fantastic advice; especially from a lovely lady and gentleman from the Council.  I’m feeling very positive about the Lyrics.
This morning was back in the sea, and a choppy sea it was too.  Temperature still hugging around 7 degrees, which hurts the face when you swim and the air temp was around 5 degrees.  The flat calm sea had gone and in its place was a much choppier one; choppy is a bit annoying to be honest as its not as easy as flat, it’s not as challenging or fun as rough;’ it just kind of sits in the middle being slappy and annoying.  Big Bob and I headed along the coast to the thistle hotel and back; the tide dragging us here quickly and the wind taking us back almost as quickly.  Total time swam a poor 11.5 minutes!  I even wore my flippers today (they are micro flippers, just ankle and a little in front); I need to get my legs really working and also keep my body form straight and flippers really help that.  They also add to the speed, which at the moment I need from a mental perspective as my slowness is really starting to grain on me!
We have a name chosen for the relay team, courtesy of Little Bob – "Starr Fish"
Come on Starr Fish, rah rah rah

No comments:

Post a Comment