Friday 9 March 2012

Swimming day 441 - Friday 9th March 2012

I’m still not sure how one functions being so busy and having so little sleep; but then again who cares how, as long as it continues.

Last night after dinner I headed to Falmer and joined Bob in the outside pool.  We did exactly 1 mile in lengths and then some speed exercises.  Before starting the swim we both looked like we were sleepwalking and energyless; however in we went nevertheless and an hour later we emerged wetter, more tired, yet energized.  Exercise really is a good energizer; it’s like Duracell for the body.

If it had just been the night swim then I would have woken all refreshed and ready for the day ahead; sadly Mia decided to play up.  Bless her heart she wasn’t well, however she was also being minxy as she does.  By 2.30am I was still sitting in her room and sending work emails on my ipad (my clients must think I’m a workaholic!).  Each time Sharon and I went to leave her room she screamed. We should have left her but we didn’t want the boys waking up, so it wasn’t until around 4am we eventually got to sleep in our own bed.  By 4.30am she was with us again, along with Jesses, then Asher!  So basically no sleep! 

By 7am, dressed and sleepwalking again, I was in the arch with Big Bob, LB, Mike, David, Paul S, Flick, Martina, Charlotte and Lindy – a large crowd at last; lots of laughs and jokes as usual.  The sea was relatively warm (up to 6.5 degrees somehow), very flat and it was a low tide. The sky was fantastic; bluie with whispy clouds and the sun threatening to come up any second. For a nice change Big Bob and I headed "out" rather than "along" and went to the silver ball and back. It was fab to see the end of the pier after so many months.  Hopefully anytime soon we'll be back swimming around it; 2 more degrees and it's game on for that.

Afterwards it was a fantastic coffee in the Red Roaster with my boys, then off to work for one of the most manic days I can remember in years (all good thank goodness) and then an hour in the gym with Ross to beat up my biceps. 

Now, 8pm, at home and still trying to get the kids to bed.

Roll on the weekend!!  Roll on bedtime!!  Roll on sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment