Wednesday 28 March 2012

Swimming day 454 - Tuesday 27th March 2012



 
Today didn’t quite go as planned after all!  Mia ended up in Hospital late Monday night with breathing problems and as such I had to cancel my London work plans.  Early the next day, out of hospital, she was tearing around like a crazy girl without a care in the world – the parents of course are left with the high blood pressure.  Thankfully she seems fine. 
I ended up on the beach in the morning as usual and headed to the helter skelter with Bob. A windy coldish morning to start with, but a flat sea and about 7.5 degrees.  Getting to the helter skelter with lots of energy we took the plunge and headed further out and around the pier; yey us.  Total swim around the pier 23 minutes and a decent pace and fantastic to now be around the pier again.  For us going around in March is a month earlier than last year; both of us very proud and pleased as punch.
As for the rest of the day, as Mia was back on form and Sharon took the kids out I decided to go to the gym for an hour, which I did and worked bloomin hard and then afterwards to grab the afternoon as an unexpected free day to get loads of jobs done; a fantastic plan.  However not all plans go to plan do they!  Sharon called me half an hour after I got home from the gym with a very flat tire off the motorway and 4 kids in the car!  Thirty minutes after that she was driving of into the beautiful sunny hot day with the kids in my car and I was stuck sitting at the side of the motorway with her car awaiting the AA.  At 4.59pm they turned up and towed me home.  Oh well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment