Monday 26 March 2012

Swimming day 453 - Monday 26th March 2012


Friday’s training day went well; swim in morning, physio and gym in afternoon followed by 2 hr pool in evening with relay team; all team performed brilliantly and very inspiring to be in a pool with such amazing swimmers.
Weekend was great; Asher’s 6th birthday and the sun was shinning throughout.  Saturday was BBQ time at home (amazing to again open up the garden and crank up the BB) and then Sunday we all went to Beaulie.  No exercise at all for the weekend, which I hope has helped my knee and also allowed my shoulders a rest.
This morning, with the clocks going forward, it was slightly darker than it has been, but still light and clear. 7am at the arch with Big Bob, Little Bob, Lindy, David and Shoichi.  I have to say that whilst it was a relaxing weekend, last night the kids (all 3) played up and I’m not sure I had more than an hours sleep over the whole night; and even that was broken.  At the arch I must have looked about as enthusiastic as I felt; amazing to me that I managed to drag myself there to be honest.  However with Big Bob ready to swim I gingerly followed him in and it wasn’t long before we were at the helter skelter and contemplating carrying on around the pier; which was doable if truth be told.  However despite the very warm weekend weather the sea didn’t warm up at all and was still at 7 degrees; if you mix that in with sleep deprivation then it brings it down even further!  So rather than go deeper out we headed over the pier and swum under to the other side, down a bit and then back through and then straight to the shore.  Total swim time 19 minutes and a decent steady pace.  Tonight I’ll grab an hour in the gym at home, then that’s an easy break into the week.
Tomorrow no swim or exercise as I’m in London on meetings from about 8am until 6pm, so just no chance.  Wednesday however is Bob’s last day at the beach for a few days so if the sea stays flat we will definitely go around the pier.  I’ll also aim to get a couple more gym sessions in and also another 2 hr pool swim on Friday on my own; then Sunday will give my knee a try and do a half marathon distance.  Please kids give me a break for the rest of the week and let me go this with an abundance of energy rather than none!

No comments:

Post a Comment