Wednesday 14 March 2012

Swimming day 445 - Wednesday 14th March 2012



Gym yesterday with Ross was an “uber session” (his words, whatever uber means); I assume it means tough as my arms, shoulders and chest were all feeling it and still are. 
Last night Jesse was in sometime, not sure when, but no Mia for a couple of days – as per  usual the Twins have swapped, with Mia staying in her own room and Jesse now coming into us.  Why they can’t sync with each other and both stay in their own rooms is a mystery to me, but I guess if we only have one come in then that’s liveable!  
Was at the arch by 6.50am, Big Bob and Shoichi waiting there and the three of us in the sea by 7am.  A higher tide today meant no long walk out, but it did mean a much longer swim out.  Temperature almost 7 degrees, which whilst a rise is still chillingly cold.  We swam to the helter skelter at the end of the pier; Shoichi absolutely motoring, Bob decent pace and me way too slow compared to them!  When I got back to the beach Bob was just walking to his shoes and Shoichi was already back in the arch in the shower – why oh why can’t I get my speed up; to say it frustrates me is the biggest understatement since the last biggest understatement I made.  Total swim 17 minutes exactly, which in 7 degrees is pretty good going.
Day in London today on meetings and then heading straight to Flamer afterwards (hopefully by 5pm) for an hour and a half on my own in the outside pool on lengths; doing all I can to try to get my bloomin speed up.  I get the feeling that whilst my swimming will get stronger and distance become easier, the speed will not improve.  That might sound like a negative statement, but I think it’s reality – and that really pi---s me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment