Tuesday 28 December 2010

Swimming day 156 – 28th December 2010

Yesterday is gone long live today!! I’ve no idea why I as in a foul mood yesterday, but today is a new day and a new attitude. Whatever happens today I shall turn it into a smile and shall be nice to be around; this is my bank holiday promise (I hope!!!).

The weather today was much like yesterday, apart from the added joy of some rain. Actually the rain had warmed up the air, so the temperature was probably around 5 degrees, which is a huge increase compared to the last few days. The sea temperature was probably the same as it has been, although it felt a little warmer, probably because of the waves. There was very little tidal movement today, but the waves were quite big. In fact a few of the waves were big enough to give you a cool roller coaster ride up and down. I swam out just to the end of the Brighton Pier sign and back again (back again being an important part of any swim!!). There were fewer of us today; just Little Bob, David, Evo and Martina and “he who can’t be named” plus Paul and Leo as we were leaving.

My morning swims are fantastic in so much that they really set you up for the day and of course keep you accustomed to the temperature; however one really can’t consider it training in any respect. I am now getting to that point where I desperately need to start training again. I know it’s only been a few days since I was last at the gym, but it’s been well over a month since I last did a “big” pool swim and probably a couple of weeks since I did a tough gym session. Today is the last Christmas bank holiday and then it’s New Year and the last of the holidays. I literally can’t wait to start the New Year, get back to work and get myself back into the Pool and the Gym. Come on clock get turning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment