Wednesday 22 December 2010

Day 152 – 22nd December 2010

Just three days until Christmas and still we are swimming. This morning we were Big & Little Bob, David, Paul, Bella, Lindy, Evo, Martine and “the one “ we are not allowed to mention! Mike was also there but couldn’t swim as he was suffering from a bad nose bleed – apparently it just came on suddenly; but the question should be “was he pushed or did he fall!

The air temp was up to around 2 degrees, but the sea felt somewhat colder than yesterday; I would guess at around 4.7 degrees. The sea itself did not deliver the expected waves; instead it was extremely calm and cold, with a shroud of mist floating just a few feet above the water. I swam out to near the silver ball and then turned right around and swam back in; hands hurting all the way. By the time I hit the shore everyone was back in the Arches getting changed, with the exception of Big Bob who it seems is the hardest of us all. I guess I did about 7-8 minutes and he did around 10 minutes. The one nice surprise was that “the one we can’t mention” gave us all a signed certificate that proudly boasts we are members of the 40 club; this is very much a temperature thing (below 40 degrees centigrade) rather than an age thing as I doubt Little Bob & Bog Bob could even remember their fortieth years as they were so long ago!! (sorry chaps I couldn’t resist).

Just two more swimming days before Christmas, last one being Christmas Eve as I don’t want to swim Christmas day as it’s my time with the kiddies and also I don’t fancy sharing “MY SEA” with all those once a year dippers – I think I may be becoming territorial and possessive about my sea now!!

1 comment: