Wednesday 15 December 2010

Day 143 – 9th December 2010

Another cold one today; in fact even though the sea was probably around the same 3.5c it felt a fair bit colder. It could have been because of the air temperature as that was around -2 this morning. Another joy of this morning was that the sea had decided to be a little lazy and hadn’t quite come up to the beach; some call it a low tide, but personally I think it’s just lazy! It meant that there we were having to walk slowly out, probably a good 1000 metres, before it was actually deep enough to swim without hitting your hands on the bottom. A walk through 3 degree water in -2 air before you actually submerge yourself in the ice water really does add to the fun!

Tomorrow I’m moving office (make that both offices and after almost 20 years!); so I’m going to have to miss my swim in the morning as simply just too much to do.In fact I actually have a 7.30am meeting before I get to the office to help with the move. Even with the freezing cold and painful swim, I actually would prefer the swim than the move, but like the swim, once it’s done it will be very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment