Wednesday 8 December 2010

Day 142 - 8th December 2010

Another record today for me; 3.5 degrees in the sea, my coldest ever yet. Actually everyone down the Arches said it was their coldest and unusual for this early in December. The air temperature was slightly up at 1 degree, so that certainly made a difference. Usual crowd in for a minute or two, with Bob and I doing a decent 11 minute swim from groin to pier and back. My hands obviously were frozen and painful, but my feet were not too bad as I had my swimming socks on. As for my body, in all honesty it was ok. I think that the stones on the beach felt the cold more than me as they were frozen solid in some places; almost as if they were laid as a road. 3.5 degrees and yet we still swam; nice!

I’m going to finish this week just in the sea and then next week it will be back to the pool as well plus the gym; in fact tonight I’m meeting my new trainer Ross at Esporta to plan the diary for the next 6 months; which is well overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment